Peter Kazacos OAM
“One of the best known and most respected figures in the Australian ICT industry.”
IT Hall of Fame
Peter Kazacos has over 40 years experience in the IT industry, he is one of the best known and most respected figures in the Australian ICT industry.
Testament to Peter’s experience are the current and past executive positions he has held, in particular his success as the founder and major shareholder of the Kaz Group Ltd; founder and major shareholder of Anittel Group Ltd; director and major shareholder of Kaz Private Wealth; innovations in the application of quantum technology to upgrade the cryptography of crypto assets; and his prowess as a property investor and developer (director of Kaz Property).
The Kaz Story
Peter Kazacos started KAZ Computer Services Pty Ltd in 1988, and led the company over its 17-year history. Guiding it from its humble beginnings as a small IT services company in suburban NSW, to its evolution into one of the largest multinational IT companies in the Asia Pacific; and the largest Australian owned IT Company.
Peter Kazacos listed KAZ Group Ltd on the ASX in 2000, KAZ grew from 350 employees at its listing to over 4000 employees. Peter Kazacos sold KAZ to Telstra (Australia’s largest telecommunications company) in 2004 for a value of $333 million; at the time Telstra acquired KAZ it had revenues in excess of $350 million.
Prior to establishing KAZ, Peter Kazacos had held a number of senior technical positions in the Australian IT industry, with leading Australian organisations.
The Anittel Story
Peter Kazacos founded Anittel an IT&T company which grew via an aggressive acquisition strategy to become one of Australia’s largest national, full-service, IT and Telecommunications companies, and the fastest growing technology company in Australia (2010 & 2011 winner CRN Fast 50, 2011 winner Deloitte Fast 50).
Peter Kazacos listed Anittel in 2010 via a Merger with ASX-listed telecommunications integrator Hostech Limited (ASX:HTC). The Anittel/Hostech merger represented a major strategic milestone in the transformation and convergence of the IT&T industry, and created an SMB services powerhouse.
Anittel’s telecommunications business was sold in 2013/2014 in an all cash multi-million dollar deal to ASX listed telecommunication company BigAir Group Limited (ASX:BGL). Anittel’s IT services business was sold in 2014/2015 to ASX listed IT&T aggregator Inabox Group Limited (ASX:IAB) in multi-million dollar cash and script deal.
Kaz Private Wealth
Peter Kazacos is an ultra-high net worth individual, sophisticated investor and is the Chairman and major shareholder of Kaz Private Wealth, an exclusive financial services company. Kaz Private Wealth via its unique share investment process has enjoyed tremendous success in the financial markets. Kaz Private provides bespoke investment advisory, crypto advisory, corporate advisory and market news services to domestic and international ultra-high net worth and high net worth clients, family offices, not for profit organisations and institutions. Kaz Private promotes a culture of accountability and high performance with oversight from a formal corporate governance structure, delivered through an experienced Board of Directors headed by Peter Kazacos.
Kaz Private Wealth is the technology partner for Quantum Digital Assets Limited. Quantum Digital Assets Limited is the corporation behind the launch of Quantum Assets Token (QA) on the Binance Smart Chain. Using KAZ’s core platform quantum technology to upgrade cryptographic keys Quantum Assets intends to launch quantum mirror protocols of popular chains such as Quantum Bitcoin and Quantum Ethereum each on their own Quantum Mainnet. For more info see www.quantumassets.vg
Kaz Tower and Property
Peter Kazacos is a sophisticated property investor with an extensive and successful property portfolio. Peter Kazacos is the Chairman of Kaz Property an exclusive real estate agency with a focus on development site sales/acquisitions and project marketing. The Kazacos family is the developer of the World Architecture Award winning Kaz Tower in Sydney CBD, Australia located at 273-279 Sussex Street Sydney, NSW Australia 2000.
Peter Kazacos together with his wife Vicki Kazacos, founded the Kazacos Foundation, an organisation through which they make regular donations to charities. They also founded the Southern Highlands based charity Your Angel which focuses on providing direct support to the disadvantaged and people living with physical and intellectual disabilities in the local community. Your Angel is an Australian Registered charity and aims to help improve the circumstance and opportunities for people in need of support through community initiatives such as The Cook’s Cooking School, NAO for Kids Robotics Program, Kaz Kids Workshops, Kaz Magic (Discover Magic Program) and Project Magic (connected to world renowned magician David Copperfield). Thanks to its Incubator Program, Your Angel also provides support to the indigenous community through the establishment, & on-going mentoring, of the now independent Koori Kulcha Aboriginal Corporation.
Kazacos companies have been highly respected, publicised and have been bestowed great awards and accolades over the decades. Peter Kazacos himself has become a public figure, a well-respected business entrepreneur and is on high demand to act on boards of both listed and unlisted entities. Peter Kazacos currently sits on the board of numerous listed and unlisted companies and government/public and private advisory boards. Peter Kazacos over the years has received countless awards and prizes some of his personal highlight achievements are as follows:
- Peter Kazacos was the recipient of the inaugural, Australian Entrepreneur of the Year 2001 award in the Technology, Communications, E-Commerce and Biotechnology category.
- Peter Kazacos was inducted into the Hall of Fame for the 3rd Annual IT&T Awards in October 2004; this Award was in the category of “Champion of the vendor community”.
- Peter Kazacos was inducted into the Hall of Fame at the inaugural ARN IT Industry Awards Ceremony (September 2007).
- Peter Kazacos was the recipient of the prestigious CSIRO Tony Benson Award for Individual Achievement in ICT at the 2008 iAwards; this award is presented in recognition of outstanding accomplishments of an individual in the Australian ICT industry.
- Peter Kazacos was the Southern Highlands Foundation Philanthropist of the Year (2010).
- Peter Kazacos was honoured with the Hellenic Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (HACCI) Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016.
- Peter Kazacos was awarded a Medal (OAM) of the Order of Australia in 2018.
Current Executive Positions:
- Managing Director of Destin trading as Kazacos Industries
- Chairman of Allegra Orthopaedics (ASX:AMT)
- Chairman of Retriever Communications
- Member of UTS Business School – Deans Industry Advisory Board
- Director of LGIAsuper
- Director of Kazacos Foundation
- Director of Law Corporation
- Chairman of Icon Cyber
- Director of Kaz Private Wealth
- Director of Kaz Property
- Director of KAZ Early Learning Centre
- Director of KAZCARE
- Director or Kamalei Childrens Centre
- Director of Koori Kulcha Aboriginal Corporation
- Managing Director of Your Angel Charity
Previous Executive Positions:
- Chairman of Kaz Group (Formerly ASX:KAZ)
- Chairman of Roses Only
- Chairman of the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
- Advisory board for BMC Software Inc
- Chairman of Neller
- Chairman of CSIRO ICS Sector Advisory Council
- Member of AAS Advisory Council
- Member of Fronde Advisory Board
- Chairman of Anittel Group
- Chairman of Astute Payroll
- Director of Kpower
- Member of UNSW Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Board
Mr Kazacos holds a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and a Bachelor of Science (Applied Mathematics and Computer Science) from the University of New South Wales.